I am reading this amazing book…
- We ought not to be weary of doing little things for the love of God, who regards not the greatness of the work, but the love with which it is performed.
- What should we set as our ultimate goal in this life? The answer: the most perfect worshipers of God we can possibly be…. I sought no more than how to be God’s and God’s alone. My goal made me resolve to give my all for the All…. Always I worshiped Him as often as I could, keeping my mind in His holy presence. When I wandered I brought Him back to my mind…. At all times, every hour, every minute, even at the busiest times. I drove away from my mind everything capable of spoiling the sense of the presence of God…. I just make it my business to persevere in His holy presence… My soul has had an habitual, silent, secret conversation with God.
- To worship God in truth is further to admit that we are entirely contrary to Him, and that He is willing to make us like Himself if we desire it. Who will be so imprudent as to turn himself away, even for a moment, from the reverence, love, service and continual adoration which we most justly owe Him?
- To worship God in truth is to recognize Him for being who He is, and to recognize ourselves for what we are.
- After this, we should not wonder that troubles, temptations, oppositions, and contradictions happen to us from men. We ought, on the contrary, to submit ourselves to them and bear them as long as God pleases as things highly advantageous to us. The greater perfection a soul aspires after, the more dependent it is upon Divine Grace.
If you wanna read the book (http://www.churchleaders.com/pastors/free-resources-pastors/145403-free-ebook-the-practice-of-the-presence-of-god.html )
Enjoy, Blessed thursday !!!